zaterdag 17 maart 2012

Blood in the Badlands part 1

Campaing away

Well we started of whit the first round of the campaign.
 We are playing the blood in the bad lands campaign  recently released by gw. We have 8 players
2 Highelfs (i hate those)
1 Ogre kingdoms (how will i ever stop a irongutstar?)
1 skaven (pfff)
1 Beastmen (are they beasts that walk as men or men that act like beasts)
1 vampirecounts (oh look they are already dead)
1 Bretonians (goodie goodie two shoes)
1 Orcs and goblins (that would be me)

Since all the other players in the campaign are way more experienced in 8th fantasy than me ( i am more of a 40k player) this is going to be a uphill battle for sure.

So i  am going to go for a good story instead of a win.  And as luck would have it the O&G special rule for this campaign is rather for giving.  If i lose one of my armies (very likely) it's going to reappear any where in my empire (whee) so i can never run out of armies.


After set up I ended up in a fairly open piece of the map  sandwiched between ogres and bretonians.And of course the blasted castle flew into my empire. Making me prime target for every one.  Luckily this did not end up the way i expected. Only two empires moved armies into my own.
The ogre kingdom play and i am allied whit him (goblins do look a lot like gnoblars after all)  and the bretonnians. Now the three of us are on the same tile inside my empire. And that is great. Since i am fighting the bretonian player for a other tile  already that battle is going to be decided by a dice roll. Now i can let him fight the ogre player firs. what a 50% change of him pushing those damm knights out. If that fails i can roll for my own army whit again a 50% change of pushing him back and if that fails i still have a 5+ save on the tile since its next to my fortress.   That gives me only about 17% chance of loosing that tile .
Mean while i  am attacking  the bretonian player on a tile close to my empire. He has no armies defending it but sadly its close to his capital so only a 66% of me getting it.  I attacked that tile cause its a O&G merc camp. Giving the owner the ability to field 250 points of either core or specail form the O&G book. Of course that's useless to me. But ill be damned if my fellow greenskins have to live in slavery.

I'll try and put some pictures up from my army as soon as i get the time.

Cya
And may the dicegods bless you

Now for your information here is the campaign map
Of course i am the very manly pink warboss (damm  those random colours why the hell did he not  for a different colour of blue?)


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten