vrijdag 23 maart 2012

Planning and Timeing

Well Whee I just won a fantasy battle.

Ok it was the lamest win ever and then I lost the next game to the same guy. But a win is a win.... or not

 Let me explain
I was going to play against a Vampire count player and I aksed him shall we roll for the scenario.
Seeing as it's now 8th and it acutely has scenarios that seemed fair to me. I guess it seemed fair to him as well and we rolled for it. And ended up whit  blood and glory. This is  the scenario where you win
when you reach the opponents breaking point. Its 1 point per part of 1000 army points so for a 2500 point battle that's  3 points
He only had a general worth 2 points and noting else so I won by default. So first win of the day was in the pocket. 

                               




  

(apearently blood and glory is also a free   
playstion  phone game who knew)   
   
Of course it felt  cheap but it also shows that planing is important . I had planed ahead for this scenario it's the whole reason my main units have banners. They might add some visual flair to the army but in game they don't serve much of a purpose. 8th Seems to be all about the kills and that +1 combat resolution from the banner is not going the make the difference . Especially not since most of my units will be steadfast any way. But for that scenario its a must or you just auto lose.
 So I gues next time it wont be all ghouls cause those cant take a banner.

Any way we played a second game(or should that be we actually played a game) It was battle for the pass. A scenario I like. It lets me bunch up my army and I do not need to worry to much about my flanks. I lost this one again. But  it was a close game.

Let me sum up what I learned

1) Don't waste your  stone towers trying to kill monsters.  Its not verry likely and undead regenerate those things way to fast if you cant kill it its back at full wounds again next turn. Its much better to shoot there infantry block and reduce the numbers.

2) Timing seems every thing against undead. I really need to learn that you cannot break undead. My savage orcs managed to get a charge off at the unit whit his general. And I won that combat by a fair amount. But I made two mistakes.  One I came in on a turn where he had always strike first and thus lost a lot of models. Two  all it takes to keep a units busy is two rock hard charters  that can't be hit and manage to do 4 wounds every turn  making the combat a draw.  As orcs go the first charge is every thing so that when it needs to go down.
Next time I'll just try to  kill ass many of those ghouls in my shooting fase as I can. And then use my dispel scroll to lock down his magic phase. And then charge in . That  way  he get less attacks and less wounds to hide his characters in that hope fully letting me wipe em out in one go.

3) Vampire counts are a PAIN in the ass for orcs There is the  unbreakable stuff I already mentioned and then there is the ethereal stuff. How am I ever going to kill that. There is only one. ONE magic missile in the little waagh and that's it.  So my lvl 2 night goblin is the only thing that is going to stop those wraiths. And that's a pain. Now my opponent used his one unit of hexwraiths to hold op my entire right flank for 3 turns and nothing I could do about it. I am just glad he did not charge them into the squigs I would never have beaten them in combat and  it would have made them untargetable for my spells. His 5 man  fast cave unit would have hold up my 380 point horde for the entire game.
 May the designer that came up whit them be crushed by the foot of GORK                                                                                                                
 (For those who play LOL yes
 that is rabadon's death cap. I am such a nerd)        

4) Realy  just put  those night goblins deep  there is no reason to horde they have such a weak attack.

Well that was it hopefully I can win my next game

Cya and May the dice gods bless you.      

         

.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten