dinsdag 20 maart 2012

First game

Well I just played my first game
and it was a disater

Well that's the way I look at it, but it was probably  closer then I think.
I still managed to do some damage to my opponents army but it was just not enoug.

So what have i learned form this
1 HORDE your squigs.- these little buggers might pack a big wallop but they can't realy take it. Witch means I need to take quite a few of them to be able to hit back. This game I took two units of 20 whit 10 handlers and that was pretty ok. But in fact those  squigs on the third and fourth rank are pretty much wasted they don't get to attack.   So it might be better just to go the full Monty and go for the 40 squig 20 handlers horde.


2 Get this guy killed in the campaing.

This is my warboss i just took him for fluff reasons and cause I just wanted to  use the model for once.  But he's such a Achilles' heel.  He has the be my genral (cause the campaing says so) and thats the problem.  Thus I need to keep him near my army. And that is a waste of his points.  Also it takes just one warmachine to shut him down cause he is just so easy to kill. He has no where he can hide.  And him dieing is a disaster, cause my squigs and  night goblins really cant go whit out his ld.
But since I have to take him in the campaign I have only one option>
I need to get him KILLED. So I can replace him

3  Death magic is scary

Yea Realy my  savage orc shaman is critical to my overal armie
He makes my savage orks that much better whit his lucky shrunken head.  And he realy helps me out in the magic phase . But if he were to Die that is all gone. Having him constantly targeted by these very deadly death magic spells is really scary and stressing. Also  Cause you realy need to keep him alive. Just the potential of the death magic forces you to let a lot more other magic go trough.  Also games workshop can lick my balls for making the orc sniper spells so worthless but these almost one hit kills.






Well I did learn some more things. Like that I am a sloppy deployer and that I still need to watch for frenzy. But I gues that i'll just have to live and learn

Cya
And my the dice gods bless you

(they sure did not bless me  all my war machines killed was one morn-fang) 



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten