maandag 14 mei 2012

Painting like a machine

Well it was that time of year again.
The days before the dutch Battle of the Clubs

First of lets talk about the event a bit
As far as I know the event is unique for the Netherlands. Its a tournament that is team based  where every team is based on a warhammerclub.  Now teamtournaments of course aren't unique but I can't think of one that is based on gameing clubs.

Anny way what do I mean when I say its this time of year again?
Well I am always always ill prepared for this. I like going to a tournament now and again.The way you can play against a complete  stranger and still find common ground in form of the game is just awsome.

But I am never prepared for it. Thing is I don't like taking the same list to Tournaments.
So it usely take a compleetly different list each time. And the problem is that I putt off painting it for way to long.

So 2 days before the tournament I still had to paint 10 chosen, 2 chaos marines and  convert 2  obliterators.

SHIT

Now  luckily I am a pretty good speed painter.  Whit that I mean that while I am far from a great painter. I can turn out models at a good speed.
It only took me about 5 hours to paint all 10 chosen, including base coating and baseing.

To bad it took me about that long to do the other 4 models but then again I had to make the obliterators from scratch.

And that meant that I was finally done whit painting at 3 at night the day before.
So when I got to the tournament the next day I was exhausted.

So I did not expect to get much out of it at all.

But i'll talk about that later for a bit
Also I wil go back and add some pictures to this topic when I get the time.

Cya and may the dice god bless you.        

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten